Main Purpose of the job
The successful applicant will be responsible for the preparation of food for daily kitchen production in order to provide quality food service.
Education and experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Cook in a contract catering environment is essential
- Food and Beverage or Culinary arts qualification is essential
- Matric is essential
- Experience in a Hotel environment will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of and compliance with food safety standards.
- Customer service and communications skills
- Contribute to effective team work
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Contribute to the efficient running of the kitchen by producing and presenting food of the highest quality
- Supporting the kitchen team with general duties